Searching the Archives
The Advocate archives (from 1943 to date) are searchable through Hein Online. The service is provided free to members of the Law Society of BC and is accessible through the BC Courthouse Library website – www.courthouselibrary.ca.
- Click on “How can we Help” at the top of the screen for the drop down menu.
- Choose “Remote Access to Subscription Databases” from the list of options.
- At this point you may need to create an account to access the service and to do so you must be a member of the Law Society of BC. Please contact the Courthouse Library if you have any problems creating an account: email [email protected]brary.ca or call 604.660.2841 or 1.800.665.2570 (toll free).
- Once you are logged in, click on the HeinOnline logo.
- Click on Advocate (Vancouver Bar Association) found under the heading Browse Databases by Name.
- To search the Advocate, use the Search tab at the top or browse the Issues by clicking on the Volume numbers.