THE ADVOCATE 683
VOL. 78 PART 5 SEPTEMBER 2020
1. For legal reasons, and to avoid unnecessary effort by
the author in naming characters, generic names
have been used. Honorifics, such as “Mr.”, “Miss”,
“Ms.” and the currently fashionable “M?”, have also
been omitted, in line with societal trends away from
such unnecessary pigeon-holing. The author appreciates
that there is a descriptive, and even literary,
value in having characters such as “Mr. Lardo” or
“Ms. Egdy”, but that is the price to be paid for gender
neutrality and the renunciation of stereotypes
2. See endnote 1. Naming the actual litigants would
only risk triggering additional litigation.
3. This is purely a figure of speech and is in no way
connected to anything appearing in endnote 1.
4. The word “bullwinkle”, if it is in fact a word, was not
the word actually used. In order to provide a safe
reading space for those who dislike profanity, the
actual conversation has been edited.
5. See endnote 4.
6. See endnote 4.
7. This is termed a “back story” among authors.
8. See endnote 7 and the paragraph to which it refers.
9. It is improper to disclose the amount of a civil
We help cli
ients protect their
r families, their as
by the British Co
ssets and their leg
y Services Authori
+HULLWDJH7UU U 7UXVWSURYLLGHVÀGX
Y XFLDU\HVFURZDQG \ GPXOWLLIDDPLO\RI W I IÀÀFHVHUYLLFHVWR% I Y %&UHVLGHQW
clients and their advisors.
Nicole Garton, B.A., LL.B, LL.M., C.Med, FEA, TEP
President, Heritag Trust
220 – 545 Cly Aven West Vancouver, BC V7T 1C5 w.heritagetrust ny.ca
200 – 7404 King George Blvd., Surr y, BC V3W 1N6
de A ue, W V www company